Obtaining a Birth Certificate
Birth certificates are filed in the County Clerk’s office for all individuals who were born in Perry County. Certified copies are available to those entitled to request them. Requests for death certificates must be in writing, whether by mail or in person, or on-line.
You may obtain a certified birth record in the following ways:
- In person at the County Clerk’s office during regular business hours.
- By mail using the application. A copy of your valid photo ID, proper payment and a self-addressed stamped envelope are required.
- On-line using a credit card through the County Clerk’s Illinois e-Pay system. Access the site and follow the directions to complete your request.
Birth Certificate Access
Birth Certificates are available only to:
- The person named on the certificate (age 18 or older), or his parent or legal representative.
- A department of the State or Federal government.
- Any person upon order of a court
Birth Certificates Fees
Search and one certified copy of any birth certificate — $18
Additional copies of the same birth certificate — $6
(Note: Additional convenience fees apply for certificates purchased on-line through the Illinois e-Pay system. These fees are not assessed or collected by the Perry County Clerk’s office.)