618-357-5116 leave message
Perry County Board of Commissioners
The County Board of Commissioners is the legislative branch of county government.
The County Board deals with a variety of issues relating to the management of the County government at its meeting. Some of these duties include:
- Consideration of ordinances and resolutions.
- Adoption of an annual operating budget and tax levy.
- Approval of claims (bills) from all County departments.
- Awarding of contracts.
- Negotiation and approval of labor contracts.
- Oversight of special projects like economic development, transportation and general county services.
- Appointment of non-elected department head and numerous members to boards and commissions.
- Many other duties relating to the day-to-day operations of the County.